Try it!

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Working from home haiku

My latest gig turned out to be a work-from-home deal. The reason is the agency treats us as independent contractors. I know a lot of people who wish all agencies would do this. I am not among them. For starters, I had no idea this was an independent contractor gig until I had turned down other offers and showed up at orientation. The rate is at the bottom of the market, and we have to pay our own payroll taxes -- about 15 percent of our gross instead of the 7-point-something we normally pay, because we pay the employer's share, as well. Upside? We can work from home, 70 hours a week. Saves the commuting cost. Probably a wash, I guess.

Of course, being at home, with Thanksgiving coming and large numbers of my family converging on my household, means that Mrs. Wolves has a very long list of shit she thinks I should do since I'm at home. Between the agency, and Mrs. Wolves, a haiku comes to mind:
I'm working from home
It sounds really fantastic
Watch what you wish for

1 comment:

Donna said...

Great post thhanks