Try it!

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Shouldn't have missed this

Yesterday was the 77th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I don't usually miss this, but I did. I went to high school in Hawaii and actually spent a couple of the anniversaries fishing for sharks in Pearl Harbor (we never caught one). Anyway, I've been to the Arizona Memorial a number of times, and we used to fish from the pier where the battleship USS Maryland was docked during the attack. I've been to Ford Island a lot of times -- the quarters there are very nice. They were originally built for admirals in the day when such quarters were palatial. Anyway, never forget.




The first two photos are of Ford Island taken by Japanese pilots. The American battleships were moored off Ford Islands. The third photo is of the USS Arizona and the memorial that spans the sunken ship.


No comments: