Try it!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

At least I got a good seat

As everyone knows, where your seat is is half the battle, especially if the project sucks, which this one does. Yet another 40-hour, five-days-a-week piece of shit. If you're going to drive my commuting costs up 20 percent, could you please increase my pay? The answer, apparently, is "no."

So, anyway, new project started today. Bad hours, bad rate (but not that bad, apparently) and very rigid rules. Narrow window to get your eight hours in each day, no chance of overtime and excellent chance of not even getting your 40. Great. On top of all that, a friend emailed me to see where (or whether) I was working, and when I told him what I was working on, he sent me this:

Oh god, this temp named [some chick's name] is working on that project. She just left this one. Enjoy working with her. She's a treat. . . She is Major League whack job.
Unfortunately, a) he was right on all counts, and b) she sits directly across from me in a small room. Still weighing the suicide/homicide options.

On the other hand, I'm working again. And I got a great seat, neighbors notwithstanding.

No comments: