Try it!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

I suppose it is worth something to have my guesses confirmed

When I was on this project before -- before I got laid off, then called back to work on a different aspect with a different firm -- the firm I am now working for (same agency, different review facility a few blocks from where we were before) was at this different facility and would occasionally ask the firm I was working for to send over more people to work on this firm's piece of the project. It was clear that the firm handling the piece of the project I was working on was sending over the people they no longer wanted. Hence, the facility I am now at became known -- back when I was at the other facility -- as "The Island of Misfit Toys."

Some of you might be to young to remember the annual Christmas special on TV. Some of you might be too young to have watched actual TV instead of Hulu and shit like that. Some of you might just be fucking heathens who paid no attention to Christmas. This is what I'm talking about:


So anyway, now I am working over at The Island of Misfit Toys, and boy was I right. Normally, when you get added to an existing project, there are no good seats -- somebody already took all of them. In this case, we got lucky and got seated in a previously unoccupied room, which means I was able to get a good seat -- against the wall, far from the associates, they can't get behind me to sneak up. All in all, not bad.

Best part? I don't have to sit anywhere near the folks who were rejected from the original project and landed here. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't really mind if I do, because I see among these folks a significant proportion of people who are well-known as serious oxygen thieves. Offhand, I would say the other firm was fairly successful is sending its losers over here.

On the other had, these folks were working during the week I was laid off, and the odds are they will still be on this project after I am laid off again. Funny how that works out.

No comments: