Try it!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Greetings from behind enemy lines

Doing a few hours at work today, largely because of my suspicion that this gig can't possibly last much longer -- maybe not beyond today. Like last weekend, the firm decided to have weekend hours. Last weekend, I declined to participate. This weekend, I'm starting to get the feeling that the swordfish might really, truly be dead sooner rather than later, so here I am. The firm originally announced that we would have hours available Saturday and Sunday. Sunday isn't looking good right now as we don't really have enough work left to keep everybody busy until quitting time today (just running 9 am to 5 pm). I don't think there is anything else lined up for us, either. Indications are we'll be here Monday, but nobody says anything about Tuesday. So, I figured that Rules Nos. 2 and 3 dictate that I be here today. Gotta get it while the gettin' is good.

No comments: