Try it!

Monday, June 1, 2020

Call me crazy: Update

If it is OK to let unregulated masses gather to burn, loot, and riot, I think it's OK to end all other social and business restrictions that needlessly destroyed our economy. I am all in favor of allowing peaceful protesters to gather and make their points. Obviously, what happened to George Floyd is unforgivable and cannot be tolerated, and people have the right to protest. They also have the right to open their businesses, go to church, and go to work. What they don't have the right to do is loot, riot, and burn, yet so many governors and mayors -- weird how they all seem to be in blue states and cities -- seem to be afraid to stop people whose only motivation seems to be to loot, riot and burn. Allow peaceful protests, stop the riots, and I think everyone can agree that would be the best way to proceed. Anyone who can't agree to that is, in my mind, suspect in their motivations.

UPDATE: This is what I'm talking about. The kind of devastation being wreaked by people who don't give two shakes of a rats' ass about George Floyd will leave lasting consequences for the people who have to live there when the fires burn out. I don't think most of the violence is being perpetrated by genuine protesters. Hell, my youngest son took part in a peaceful protest in Rochester, MI, on Friday night and told me "I was standing up for what's right." I told him I approved, and agreed, and please don't join anymore protests because peaceful ones are becoming rare. They aren't protests anymore. It it is being reported, and I believe, that violent far-left groups like Antifa are joining the protests and turning them violent. Never miss an opportunity to use a crisis for your goals, as Obama administration folks used to say (and Nancy Pelosi and other current Democrat party leaders have stated).

No comments: