Try it!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well, here's an upside

As mentioned previously, this project is limited to 40 hours per week. This is, of course, slow starvation. No one living in the DC metro area who is not single can live on 40 hours a week. Most single folks around here can't live on 40 hours a week, especially with student loans. The cost of living is simply too high. So 40-hour projects really suck. You're making good money nationwide standards, but not by local standards. So it sucks.

The only good thing about a 40-hour week is if you can do it in 4 days. Fortunately, that is the case with this project. In fact, we can work the daily cap, which is 11.5 hours each day, and hit 40 hours at about 1:30 pm every Thursday. Some folks do that, some don't. I always aim to finish my 40 by about 7 pm Thursday, though, so I get a three-day weekend. It's a small fringe benefit, but I guess it has intangible value. Given the paucity of benefits in this work, I'll take it. It cuts my commute expenses by 20 percent, after all. So that's something.

No comments: