Try it!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure I would not have let them live

A veteran contract attorney friend of mine texted me today about a new project she is on. Unfortunately for her, she is teamed up with a bunch of recent additions to the fold. Most new contract attorneys have not read this and so do not realize that they are fungible goods. They clearly have not made an honest analysis of the future of the profession, at least in the major urban centers, and so do not fully comprehend what they have gotten themselves into. Without further comment, I present my friend's text messages (identified as J), edited so that my replies are unnecessary, except in those instances where I consider my replies pretty fucking funny:

J: These kids are dangerously deluded.

Me: They think they're lawyers?

J: They still think that their JD's are worth something.

Me: That's crazy talk!

J: And they talk about starting their own firms.

J: One asked me, "How long did it take you to become bitter?"

Me: How long did it take him to become stupid?

J: Honestly, I liked this at first, but it's too awful anymore.

No comments: