Try it!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

11 years later

Kind of a subdued anniversary, I guess, compared to the 10th anniversary hoopla. Probably more appropriate, although I'll take hoopla if that's what it takes to make sure people remember. I was unable to get into the city that day (still at a firm at the time, kept associate hours - you come in latish because you're going to stay late). Worked next door to FBI headquarters, which meant for at least a week I had to show ID to get onto the street between the buildings so I could get into the parking garage. Military patrols on random street corners, Patriot batteries outside the city, F-15s and F-16s patrolling. Those first few days were quite a jolt. But it's appropriate to take a few minutes to think about that day and what it meant to this country.

Thanks to Instapundit for the picture, which was taken by a relative of his from his apartment (the relative's, not Instapundit's). Instapundit doesn't know I borrowed the picture; I hope he doesn't make me take it down. Looks like I complied with his terms of use, and I like the picture.

No comments: