Try it!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Actual Temp Conversation No. . . . seriously, are you still counting?

A couple temps of a certain age -- old enough to remember Engelbert Humperdink -- were having a conversation that apparently involved that 1960s British music -- artist? star? personality? singer? -- when I walked by and overheard this:

Temp 1: Does anyone even know if Engelbert Humperdink is still alive?

Temp 2: I don't know.

Naturally, I joined in.

Me: He is. [Editor's note: I'm really fucking sorry that I know this.]

Temp 1: I don't even know how to spell his name.

Me: Just like it sounds

Temp 1: It is pretty phonetic

Temp 2: Was he a big deal?

Me: Kind of a poor man's Tom Jones, but with less underwear-throwing at his concerts

Temp 1: Women threw underwear at him?

Me: Oh yeah. They would write their phone numbers on the underwear and throw it on stage.

Temp 2: I had a friend who actually did that.

Me: Yeah, and if it looked like a hot air balloon coming in for a landing, he wouldn't call.

No comments: