Try it!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

There are some real characters on this project

Folks who follow this blog know that I had started a series of "real emails from management" that kind of highlighted how stupid this industry is. I had to suspend that series and delete the posts for some rather unusual reasons. Since then, I have largely avoided posting about the project I am on, even though it is just fucking hilarious.

Well, I have found a way around that. I've decided to do a post about a few of the movie characters who appear to be on this project. As regulars know, I don't do names -- people you meet on projects are like taxis. You see them everywhere, they look a lot alike but you're never sure if you're seen that particular taxi before. I don't bother to learn or remember people's names because I likely won't work with them again and if I do, well, I didn't care what their name was last time, why start now? This system has flaws, such as when people I worked with before remember me and I don't remember them, but I generally am able to pretend I remember them. I just never call them by their names, because I either don't remember or never knew. Several people on this project who greet me enthusiastically fall into that latter category seem to be convinced I remember them. Um, no.

In any event, I generally give nicknames to memorable people. By memorable, I don't mean people I want to hang with. I generally mean people who look like someone -- or something -- that I find amusing. Yes, all of this makes me an asshole, but I don't really care. I give out the nicknames nonetheless.

Lord help me, here they are. I am generally not linking to what made the real characters famous. Look it up yourself. But I'll give you the photos of the people these folks resemble. Without further ado:

Balki, from the TV show "Taxi" played by Andy Kaufman, is on this project:



We also have Booger, from  the "Revenge of the Nerds" movies:


And who could forget Doc Brown from the "Back to the Future" flicks (who also appeared in the series "Taxi" with Andy Kaufman):


So proud to have the late Clara Peller on board:


Clara, God rest her soul, gained fame in 1984 in this Wendy's commercial:


Finally, we also have famed radio DJ from the 1960s and '70s, Wolfman Jack:


With a little luck, I won't ever see these people again. I'm sure they feel the same way about me.

No comments: