Try it!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Document review haiku No. 2

Today I faced two obstacles that needed to be surmounted. First, with no wi-fi at work, I needed to find a wireless way to download a couple pending books to my Kindle. Also, because I was taking the commuter bus today (something I have to do when Mrs. Wolves keeps the car) I needed to break a $20 so I would have exact change for the bus (the ride is $3.50 -- they would cheerfully take my $20 and keep it, although I suspect the driver would make change before turning in the bank). Clever boy that I am, I went to Barnes & Noble, a block away, and used their free wi-fi to solve problem No. 1. As I stood outside the Barnes & Noble afterword, I realized that the bar across the street -- where I used to spend a lot of time when I worked at the now-defunct law firm that used to be across the other street -- provided the perfect opportunity to obtain change for a $20 while also getting something I actually wanted. So I went it, drank a quick draft beer and went back to work. Which gave us this haiku:

Drinking beer at three
Facilitates document
review quite nicely.

Not only am I apparently a poet, there is a chance I am Japanese. Or not. But I have been to Japan. Maybe that's it.

No comments: