Try it!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Man, I hate being right

Some of you may recall my post regarding Iran building a 3/4-size mock-up of a Nimitz-class U.S. aircraft carrier, in which I suggested that the Iranians might build a mock-up for the same reasons we do -- to practice attacks on the real thing. The Navy said no, the Iranians said no, and lots of bullshit reasons were offered as to what the Iranians were up to.

Ahem.

Yeah, they're planning on practicing attacks on U.S. carriers. I am, of course, not surprised, but I do want some props:
The Sunday report by independent Haft-e Sobh daily quotes Adm. Ali Fadavi, navy chief of the powerful Revolutionary Guards as saying Iranian forces should "target the carrier in the trainings, after it is completed."
So, I guess that movie isn't going to happen. Weird. Although, of course, I thought the Iranians' choice of props was odd:
Hard to understand why a movie about that incident would involve building a mock-up of an aircraft carrier when the U.S. ship that shot down the airliner was an Aegis cruiser, and no aircraft carrier was involved. Oddly enough, this Aegis cruiser:
does not look like this Nimitz-class aircraft carrier:
Anyway, I think -- I hope -- the Navy wasn't really fooled. I'm sure the administration was, which would be why the Navy spokesman went ahead and sounded like a doofus, talking about propaganda. I really hope the Navy hasn't gotten stupid enough to underestimate our enemies that badly.

No comments: