Try it!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Yahoo really wants me to do this

Yahoo, in an apparent effort to reduce spam, is requiring people who are sending links to other email addresses to also include some text. Because I send a lot of links from my Yahoo account -- the one I use for my usual stuff -- to my gmail account -- the one I use for my blog stuff -- I have to always includ some kind of text in the message to go with the link. Given  the National Security Agency's recent admission that it intercepts essentially all of our email, and NSA Director James Clapper's defense of NSA actions, I think it is only natural that my text is always "Eat me, Clapper." On the one hand, it enables me to escape the Yahoo spam trap. On the other hand, I can only imagine the file building on me over at the NSA.

No comments: