Try it!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

I don't believe I've ever seen the market this hot at this time of year

There is a ton, and I mean a metric shit ton, of work out there. I can't even tell you how many projects I've seen advertised in the last two weeks. Easily two dozen. Normally, this is a time of year when work is really hard to come by -- you have a gig end between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the odds usually are pretty fair that you're shit out of luck until after New Year's. As it is, there are projects aplenty, and many with overtime. Very unusual.

Naturally, this probably is only happening because we're been told our project will be lasting past New Year's, and possibly well past, so I don't need work at the moment. I predict that the market will remain hot until the day before this project crashes. Pessimistic? Sure -- but pessimism is what makes you find a new project when you think your current gig will be crashing soon. I think of it as a survival instinct.

No comments: