Try it!

Monday, March 21, 2016

I have limits on how much degradation I am willing to endure

I am working on a shitty project. The rate is fabulous, but the cap is hard at 40 hours a week, and even with a fabulous rate, that don't cover the bill. No internet access at all, higher commuting costs because of the 5-day requirement, etc. etc. Naturally, I am looking for something better.

What do I keep running into? Other projects with a 40-hour cap and much lower rates. I find an overtime project, go to fill out the conflicts form, and what do I see at the top of the form? "Temporary legal assistant." For the uninitiated, a legal assistant doesn't even have to have a high-school diploma. I am not slamming on legal assistants -- they are vital, and many are truly indispensable -- but I am not one. Ever. I replied to the agency that sent me that form, "I am not a legal assistant." I don't want to be a dick, but I don't mind being a dick. Fuck 'em.

No comments: