Try it!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Signs of spring?

Today was quite pleasant, reaching the low 50s and doing a lot to melt the remaining snow. Still a lot of it around, of course, but I think we might be done with snow soon. Not sure if any more is supposed to fall. I might do a river level update tomorrow, as I noticed today that snowmelt is pushing water levels pretty good.

Anyway, this isn't a weather blog, except when it is. About a week ago, I saw the first blooms of spring flowers in my beds:


Naturally, the day after I took that picture last Sunday, we got about 8 inches of snow. I was pretty sure those blooms were going to come out a little worse for the wear. Never underestimate the resilience of nature, however. Today, as the temperatures soared (relatively speaking), those hardy little flowers opened up again:


Lots more tulips and whatnot pushing up now. Should be just a few weeks before the beds look pretty good. We'll be planting tomatoes in no time!

No comments: