Try it!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Snow situation officially surpasses ridiculous

Yes, it snowed again today. Fortunately, it did not interfere with work in any way. If it doesn't cost me money, I don't care as much, but it is almost fucking April and it has no business snowing this time of year this far south. I really believe this was the last gasp of winter, at least as far as snow goes. Maybe it will get warm now, too.

As it is, this was not a major event -- predictions a few days ago pegged it as being big here, but the track shifted and we only got about 2-3 inches. Probably still more than we should ever see in this area with only a week until April showers start to bring May flowers. Anyway, I was at work but had Mrs. Wolves go take some pictures, which I present here for you edification regarding post-beginning-of-spring snow south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Naturally, my miniature daffodils were deeply disturbed by the late snow:


I think they'll be OK, though:


Jeb the Wonder Dog, naturally, took the opportunity to roam far afield in a field:


He also managed to look majestic amidst the debris of a high-precipitation winter that, between heavy snowfalls and ice storms, brought down a lot of branches:


All in all, this was a minor bump in the road toward spring. I sure hope it's the last one.

No comments: