Try it!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Wintry mix?

I'm sorry, but I don't think anybody predicted this. All I heard about was it raining all day. And that was true until about noon, when sleet started falling. At that point, The Weather Channel website was still calling it rain and was a couple degrees warm on the temperature. At about 1 pm, the rain-sleet mix turned to plain old snow:



So there it was, snowing. After a couple hours of snowing, I decided to check and see what The Weather Channel website said was happening. Not surprisingly, they were just a touch off, letting me know that:
A mix of wintry precipitation is occurring nearby.
I suppose that might have been true. But where I was, it was snow. Of course, it wasn't sticking to the roads yet. But it was sticking to dogs:


And it was sticking to the ground:



And to cars:


And it was coming down pretty good. Looking north:


So there it was at about 3 pm, snowing like a motherfucker. TWC says:
Expect occasional wintry mix to continue for the next several hours.
Woulda been nice to see some wintry mix at that point, because I am seriously tired of snow. As it is, it finally turned to rain again. I think we're done with snow for the rest of the season. Lord, I hope so.

No comments: