Try it!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sweet baby jeebus, is he still doing yardwork?

Yeah, and the yard just isn't very big, so how can that be? Beats me. Having pulled all the bushes last weekend, this past weekend I had to expand the bed, which meant pulling up a bunch of sod. The photos do no justice to how much physical labor was involved. We started with this bed:


Hidden under overgrown grass and accumulated mulch and dirt were a bunch of border stones I had to find and dig up:


So far, not bad. Then I removed the layer of grass over a roughly 3-foot-wide swath along the front edge of the bed. So easy to write. Fucking near killed me in the 90 degree heat. Just a touch unseasonable.


OK, now it was all downhill. I just spread out 400 pounds of topsoil and sort of leveled it. Done until next weekend. Finished with the undoing; next comes putting the new stuff in. Gotta be easier, right?

No comments: