Try it!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Here's something new -- a post about more damn snow

And this time it is a lot of snow -- the offiicial total for New Market was 19 inches (and it is still coming down). I guess we're wimps, though -- Walkersville got 19.1 inches. Of course, we have 3-5 inches forecast for Saturday. New Market's average annual snowfall is 25.48 inches (as compared to a Maryland average of 20.61 inches), so I know we're well above that for the season already. Probably working on double, really. But never mind that.

Naturally, no work today, so there goes 12 hours of overtime. Not sure about tomorrow -- no word yet on whether we work. Be nice to know early, so I know whether I can sit up late drunk-blogging, or go to bed. Ah, well.

In any event, work, no work, snow, more snow, whatever, I have some snow pictures. Woke up this morning, had a little trouble opening the door:


So, I went outside, shoveled the porch and walk to try and make it possible for the backup auxiliary dog to go do what dogs do when they go outside:


She wsn't crazy bout the whole thing:


Although on a later trip outside, she decided to snowplow with her face:


Things got buried pretty good:


Like I said:


Still, folks managed to dig out:


None of this bothered Jeb the Wonder Dog:


He managed to strike gallant poses everywhere he went:


He complained that the closeup took something away from the context of the original photo, which resembled the windswept Russian steppes and cast him as a cross between Jack London's White Fang and Dr. Zhivago:


So I hope the dog is happy. I'm so sore from shovelling that happiness is beyond me.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Sounds like you could use some warming weather/climate/global whatever.