Try it!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The ghosts of projects past emerge

Any long-term reader of this blog knows I rarely bother to learn people's names. While I may or may not see them again, I just don't really care. Temp Town is not a place to go to make friends. (Yes, there are people in Temp Town whose names I know, and even a small number I consider friends, but by and large I just don't give a fuck what your name is because the odds are I won't see you again and, if I do, I still don't give a fuck what your name is.)  In any event, I give nicknames to identify people who crop up repeatedly and are worth referencing. I'm pretty sure I already mentioned the Garden Gnome, who is on this project, and, of course, Santa Claus. Since I go moved to my new and improved seat, however, two blasts from the past have emerged.

The first is the guy I used to refer to as Douchey McDouchehead. He is seated in the room I am now in, so I see him everyday. I think he recognizes me, because he gives me stinkeye every time he looks at me. It's probably because of this exchange years ago:
DMD: I'm such a fucking loser that all I can think about is going to France one day (OK, I made up that quote because I can't remember what he actually said that made me chime in, but it was something like that. It was nearly a year ago -- sue me for not remembering.)
Me: Yeah, France is great, except it's full of French people.
DMD: I'm French.
Me: You're really not undermining my argument here.
He since has been renamed Milhous because he looks like the character Milhous from "The Simpsons."

The resemblance is uncanny.

There is another figure from projects past in my new room: Riff Raff. Surely you have seen "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and are familiar with Riff Raff, the loveable, if evil, caretaker of Frank N. Furter's mansion? Well, for those who have never seen the movie, let me enlighten you; for those who have, I refresh your memory:


Riff Raff, of course, is the dude with the stringy, white hair. Alas, in Temp Town, Riff Raff is a female. But she's a dead ringer.

No comments: