Try it!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Gimme the gaff and I'll kill the damn swordfish myself

Yeah, we're back, doing exactly what we've done all week -- nothing -- and wondering if we'll be here tomorrow. True to form, they told us about a half-hour before quitting time yesterday, so I don't expect to hear anything for about another 8 hours or so. It gets a little frustrating, as if it weren't hard enough to try and plan things in Temp Town.  I wouldn't mind having the money for showing up tomorrow and doing nothing, but I also wouldn't mind having the extra day off. After tomorrow, I don't care what these folks do -- I'm on to my next project on Monday. Unless, of course, the vaunted reliability and security that mark life as a temp kick in and my next project doesn't start as scheduled. But that could never happen, right?

No comments: