Try it!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Farming is hard work

Not this past weekend, but the weekend before, I went to The Farm. (I also went over the holiday weekend, but that is a different post. I am behind.) I cleared out the small spinach bed and the weeds, planted beans, and watered it:


 I also gazed with marvel at how well the first bean crop is doing:


I also discovered that cauliflower, once harvested, does not put out secondary shoots:


I also discovered a few cauliflower heads awaiting harvest:


There was broccoli, too:


Garlic looking good:


Carrots finally coming in right:


The peas are going like gangbusters, and have provided several meals already:


The peppers are starting to flower:


Down by the squash bed, the outer ring where I planted cucumber seeds was seriously weeded up:


I took care of that, and probably sweated out 3 pounds:


The onions continue to look fantastic:


As do the squash and zucchini:


All in all, The Farm is proceeding as I would hope, early germination setbacks notwithstanding.  We'll see how the season progresses.

No comments: