Try it!

Friday, November 7, 2014

They're definitely keeping us guessing

Having been put under a 40-hour cap Monday, yesterday the firm expanded the hours to 8 am to 8 pm for yesterday and today, plus 9-6 Saturday and Sunday. No word on how much this will carry over to next week, but suddenly we have overtime again. Because they told us Monday they wanted us here roughly 8 hours all 5 days, most folks weren't working the full 9.5 hour window. I was, because I was planning on being "sick" Friday and take 2 hours of sick time, take the day off. As a result, I am the only person already in overtime. Not sure how I feel about working this weekend, although Rule No. 2 argues for coming in at least some on both days. Anyway, because we probably won't have overtime next week, I guess I better take it. We obviously can't count on any kind of consistency here.

No comments: