Try it!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Breakfast burritos of Doom?

The last project ended kind of strangely. We were supposed to be done on Nov. 19, but we weren't. So we worked Thanksgiving -- I say "we" without really meaning it. Some people on the project worked on Thanksgiving. I cooked, ate, drank, watched football and generally enjoyed myself tremendously. But that is a frolic and detour. We also worked Friday, and I participated in that activity. I am told that on Thursday breakfast,  lunch and dinner were provided. The same was true Friday. Because of the unusual circumstances, it is difficult to call any of those meals the (whatever food was served) of Doom. Saturday, however, we got breakfast and lunch -- dinner not provided, because the projections were that we wouldn't be there that late. I wouldn't know, because I did yeoman's work and then left at 1 because I had better things to do with my life. I didn't stay for the Lunch of Doom, whatever it was, so I guess I got Breakfast Burrito of Doom. In any event, that project is done, and I start a new project for the same agency on Wednesday.

Always good to be working, especially when you have a project end between Thanksgiving and Christmas -- not normally a good time to be looking for a project. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on new Temp Town developments. In the meantime, don't be surprised by pictures of my holiday lights or some such nonsense.

No comments: