Try it!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A belated post on rain and flooding -- as if you cared

Last Thursday and Friday we had a huge amount of rain, which led to some pretty good flooding. I missed taking pictures of the best of the flooding, much of which occurred Thursday night and Friday night and made my way home from work a little tricky both nights, and my trip to work Friday morning equally dicey. I had to change my route both days, as certain roads I normally used were underwater. Didn't manage to get pictures of that. However, water was still high Saturday, so while I was out Saturday morning doing my errands, I managed to get a few pictures of the Monocacy River at the Route 355 bridge -- which was closed Friday morning due to high water. Here's what it looked like Saturday morning. This is the east side of the bridge:


And this is the west side:


You can see that the trees on the north bank are swamped. I wasn't able to take a picture of the fields on the north side of the river, which were flooded even almost 12 hours after the peak flood stage.

This probably isn't interesting to anybody but me. If that's the case, please refer to the title of the blog.

No comments: