So here's how it went. I checked out the pumpkins (the ones I never planted). They looked good:
So I put some water on them. Then I checked out the broccoli. It look good, so I put some water on it:
And I weeded the broccoli and the empty bed next to it. I planted some spinach in the empty bed. And I put some water on it:
I checked out bean crops Nos. 2 and 3. No. 2 is flowering, No. 3 is close behind. You might be detecting a pattern here. I put some water on them:
The carrots are mostly out, as Farmer Tom's family harvests a few every day. I have harvested and frozen some, eaten others. This is what is left, and all of them are much bigger than what we got last year in the old location. To celebrate this success, I put some water on them:
The former garlic beds were empty, except for the whole weeds thing:
This struck me as a waste of space, so I weeded the shit out of those beds. Then I planted some radishes. Then I put some water on it:
I had two empty beds from Bean Crop No. 1. In one of those beds, I planted some broccoli and cauliflower plants I got at Southern States on Saturday. Then I put some water on it:
In the second bed left empty by the final harvest of Bean Crop No. 1, I planted some peas for fall harvest. And, yeah, I put some water on it:
All in all, not a bad two afternoons. Harvested some tomatoes and peppers, and I'm making hot sauce tonight with some of that. Already jarred some tomatoes, and turned some into tomato pie yesterday. Basically, all this bounty is being put to good use. Made some dill pickles, but got the cukes for that from another friend, as my cucumber plants succumbed to too much tomato shade. Gotta find a place for them next year.
Next week, probably going to harvest the potatoes, maybe put some more peas in the empty onion bed. We'll see. Stay tuned.