Try it!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Thank God it's a small room

I am in a room at work that has space enough for only three people. That's being generous -- in most work environments, I would have the "office" to myself. But this is Temp Town, so there are three of us jammed in there. I got moved there a few weeks ago as a "promotion" to the "Doing Harder Shit Than The Other Temps But Not Being Paid More Than The Other Temps Team." I am so honored.

Anyway, the other day, the two guys who were in the room with me got moved (I don't know why, exactly -- a lot of musical chairs that day.). Two new guys got moved in, but before that happened, I took over the desk that sits alone. I face one wall, they face another, and my back is to them. Thank you, Jesus, because they are some seriously chatty motherfuckers. They never shut up.

I'm sure they're nice people and all, but they couldn't shut their fucking mouths with a gun to their heads. On top of that, one of them is a former IRS employee who was one of the supervisors involved in trying to keep conservative political groups from getting tax-exempt status. I decline to identify him, but he did shit that kind of makes me want to beat his ass in the alley out back of our building. What he did was illegal, and if I told you his name, you could Google it and realize that what he did was exactly the kind of thing the IRS should not be doing, ever. Charges against him? Of course not.

On the other hand, he is in Temp Town now, so I guess there is some justice, right?

No comments: