Try it!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The final countdown

As of 3:30 pm Saturday, we had 35 inches of snow in New Market -- more than any other area of Frederick County, and more than any other DC suburb. Plus, we had about 6 hours of snowfall after that, so I don't know what the total was, but it was more than 35 inches, which is a record. Today, we were less concerned with records than getting out. Not an easy proposition:


Snow-nami might be gone, but the snow was not. Much digging Saturday night got my car sort of clear, but with much digging on Sunday Mrs. Wolves got it so you can see the car:


Of course, the satellite dish was buried -- that little black dot on my roof is the very  tip of the satellite receiver. Not getting any TV through that shit. Fortunately, we were able to get to DirecTV through the interwebs and watch the games:


We are going to have piles of snow until June:


With a little luck, they won't be behind our cars:


As of about 7 pm, the HOA plow guys had finally made it possible to pull my car out. I will be back at work tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about that.

Still waiting on a definitive word on how much snow we got, but I'm pretty sure it was close to 40 inches. We'll see what the final countdown is:


No comments: