Try it!

Monday, January 11, 2016

The stars look very different today

David Bowie died yesterday, just two days after his 69th birthday on Friday, which also marked the release of his final album, "Blackstar." I don't often tear up at the death of people I have never met, but I did for Bowie. He was a huge part of my musical history from the time I was 10 years old. He was a creative chameleon who never stopped evolving as an artist. In my time with four different bands, he is one of the only artists I never considered trying to cover, for the simple reason that I knew I could never do his work justice. He was, quite simply, among the greatest artists of his generation. And most other generations, as well.

I'm not going to bore you with my version of the Bowie story, which is being told in countless publications around the world. I'll just leave you with this:


OK, and this:


RIP, David.

No comments: