Try it!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Oh my God, I've been a victim of racism and didn't know it

Apparently, People Magazine has an upcoming issue with an interview with the Obamas, in which the First Couple attempt to defuse racial tension in the wake of recent events by going on about the times they have personally been the victim of casual racism. The First Lady is only able to trot out one example, apparently, which gets cut to shreds at Ben Shapiro's Truth Revolt:
On Wednesday, People magazine released an interview with President Obama and Michelle Obama, in which the two discussed their harrowing experiences with racism. Among those experiences was a shocking incident during Michelle Obama’s undercover trip to a Target:
I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new.
Being asked to take things off shelves as a taller woman is the new Jim Crow.
The First Lady is nearly 6 feet tall. That, as Truth Revolt discusses, might explain why Michelle's original discussion of the incident on the David Letterman Show saw no racism implied in any way:



These people will lie about anything to make the point they want to make at the moment. It's almost as if they don't realize that video exists. Of course, the First Lady does not, in the People interview, say the incident showed racism -- she merely cited the Target encounter while talking about casual racism she and the president have encountered in their lives, knowing that there was no racist intent of any kind. This, of course, is how we begin to heal the nation's wounds caused by racism -- by lying about encountering racism. She decided to depart from her original telling of the story, where a short woman at Target simply saw a tall person and sought that person's assistance in getting an item high on a shelf. Naturally, that could have nothing to do with a belief in most Americans that their fellow Americans are willing to help out. Must be racism. Damn, I wonder how many times I've helped somebody because I was more physically capable of performing the task when they really only sought my help because of racism? Who the fuck even makes that insinuation? Stay classy, Obamas.





No comments: