Try it!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Apparently, I have failed to make the latest jihadi hit list

It would appear that a bunch of jihadis have put out a hit list of bloggers and that I am not on it. I find this highly disappointing, and not just because I am probably among the few bloggers who might be on such a hit list who is prepared for a visit by the hitters. No, I am disappointed because I can only assume I lack the reach in the area in which these particular jihadis operate. Anyway, CNN is reporting that a bunch of Pakistani jihadis have put out a hit list of bloggers:
(CNN) -- Islamic extremists in Bangladesh appear to be taking their war on secular writers and bloggers beyond the South Asian country's borders.
A hit list purporting to be from the militant group Ansarullah Bangla Team has been sent out threatening people in Europe and North America.
"Let Bangladesh revoke the citizenship of these enemies of Islam," a statement accompanying the list says. "If not, we will hunt them down in whatever part of God's world we find them and kill them right there."
The list contains nine people in the United Kingdom, eight in Germany, two in the United States, one in Canada and one in Sweden. CNN isn't reporting any of the names on the list.
Of course, as CNN makes clear, they are not releasing the names of the bloggers on the list, so I guess it is possible I am on the list. I feel like I should be, given this, and this, and this, among others. I don't think I have given the jihadis any reason to think I'm their buddy, but I suppose they don't know I'm around and hating on them, so they didn't put me on their list. If they had, I 'd like to think someone would let me know, but I'm not real keen on counting on this administration to do anything right, and I'm pretty sure CNN is incompetent, so maybe I'm on the list and no one told me. That would be cool. The jihadi hitters might think I didn't expect them. After all, there is some precedent for that:


But I do expect them. So I've got that going for me.

No comments: