Try it!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

I did not sign up for Ice Station Zebra

Hell, I didn't sign up for Ice Station Gazelle, either, but here I am, apparently. The high today was about 17 degrees F. When I walked the dogs a few minutes ago (two trips, one for each dog, don't ask why) it was 14 F, with a windchill of -7. Did I mention it is really windy? The low tonight, probably right about the time I walk Jeb the Wonder Dog -- who cares fuck-all about cold, apparently -- is supposed to be -2. I don't even know what the windchill is supposed to be. I don't want to know.

Good news, though -- the high tomorrow is supposed to be 23 F. Fucking heat wave. I realize that many, many places are much colder, but I didn't move to those places for a reason. This is as far north as I have ever lived, and farther north than I ever actually wanted to live. I really, truly am not enjoying this. Jeb's apparent imperviousness to temperature does not make me happier. I feel like he should suffer, too.

1 comment:

Cat said...

High 81 Low 68--whine to your heart's content.